Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› OFFICIAL SCHEDULE 2008
Last poster Message

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 09:31:51   Edited by: fredbastien

* 10 DISPLAYS FROM JUNE 21 TO AUGUST 6
* 5 NEW ENTRANTS TO THE COMPETITION, INCLUDING A CANADIAN ONE
* LUSO PIROTECNIA IS BACK!

Saturday, June 21 - Prestatech Artifices (France)
Saturday, June 28 - Pirotecnica Morsani S.R.L. (Italy)
Saturday, July 5 - Hanwha Corporation (South Korea)
Saturday, July 12 - Grupo Luso Pirotecnia (Portugal)
Saturday, July 19 - Howard & Sons Pyrotechnics (Australia)
Wednesday, July 23 - Garden City Display Fireworks (Canada)
Saturday, July 26 - Pyrovision Gmbh Austria (Austria)
Wednesday, July 30 - Pyrotecnico (United States)
Saturday, August 2 - Sunny International (China)
Wednesday, August 6 - Panzera S.A.S. (La Ronde)

I believe that the displays of Sunny and, especially, Luso Pirotecnia will be among the most anticipated shows. Howard & Sons, which has to manage a crisis these days, opened the competition in 2005. I hope that they won't include a long narrative as they did.

I note that three contestants will come from Asia and Oceania, which will increase the shipping bill! I hope that all the stuff will arrive in Montreal right on time for each display! I'm a little bit disappointed (and surprised) to not see the Swedish team which has competed in 2005.

Finally, who was this well-informed guy who has written that only nine displays would be scheduled in 2008 for financial reasons?

Fred

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 09:40:56   Edited by: Firemaster

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the update. I guess I was reading the 2007 calendar when I saw the July 23 date on admission.com.

This will be an interesting year, with so many new entries. I question if Laronde is looking too hard for different companies. Can these companies step up to the plate and compete at the same level as the big boys? Only time will tell.

I hope Eric Tucker will return and design for Sunny.

Sean

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 10:30:06

Fred,

Thank you for the big news! I am very excited about the number of new entries - while it is nice to know that beloved veterans such as Luso and Sunny will be back.

I bought into the belief that the years of 10 displays were a thing of the past but this schedule is very reassuring.

I can't wait!

Tyler

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 11:52:10

Thanks for the schedule!

I think it's pretty kewl that Luso and Sunny are back this year. Surprisingly, there's also a South Korean firm!

Maybe La Ronde is trying to somehow revive the competition with 10 contestants. And I also like the idea of extending the competition until early August!

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 12:33:40   Edited by: Rovira

Wow....nice nice nice. I think it's a very nice shedule !!!!!!! 10 contestants, 6 new entrants....VERY EXCITING !!!!!

I'm happy.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::

Lets take a look:

Prestatech_ http://www.prestatech-artifices.com/

Pirotecnia Morsani_ http://www.pirotecnicamorsani.it/

Hanhwa Corp_ http://english.hanwhacorp.co.kr/pdtt/exp/index.asp

Luso Pirotecnia_ http://www.lusopirotecnia.com/pt_homepage.php

Howard & Son_ http://www.howardsfireworks.com.au

Garden City Display Fireworks_ ?¿

Pyrovision Gmbh_ http://www.pyrovision.at/

Pyrotecnico_ http://www.pyrotecnico.com/

Sunny International_ ?¿

I know there are some web pages with videos from Pyrovision, Prestatech etc... I'll try tu put the link here......

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::

I'm really happy to see on the Shedule Luso Pirotecnia, Prestatech, Sunny and Pyrovision.

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 13:51:33

I only count 5 new entrants:

Pyrotecnico (though I've known for years they wanted to come to Montreal)
Garden City
Prestatech
Pyrovision
Morsani

Hanwha competed back in 1994 as Hanwa Marbeloid - I'd be surprised if it's a different company.

And I'm glad we're back to 10 entrants since I was the one that was worried the number of entrants would be tied to the previous year's revenues.

Eric Tucker was at the Symposium but wasn't saying much about competing for Sunny - though it would be surprising if he didn't. That said, if Jim Shih's design skills are anything like his fireworks photography skills it should be a great display.

I've heard great things about Prestatech so I'm interested to see what they do and, of course, Luso is definitely one to mark on the calendar. Howard and Son's display in 2005 was rather disappointing so hopefully they'll improve things this year - though with the explosion this week their entry may be in doubt as they have to ship their product by early January. Perhaps the Fotis will step in instead if they can't make it.

Paul

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 13:58:50   Edited by: Smoke

Woah, that's an unexpected schedule, and the appearance of six new entrants seems very intriguing! Looks like my predictions were correct about Italy, France, Australia, Canada, U.S and Portugal being there, and I'm especially delighted to see yet another Canadian firm that is outside of Quebec! I'm a little disappointed that Spain isn't there, though, but at least Italy and Portugal are present. I had a feeling China would be back, especially since their lucky day happens to fall next year, as I mentioned before.

I'm actually though very astonished to see the return of South Korea after what is going to be 14 years...I don't know if it was the same firm at the time, but I hope the show is going to be a lot better than what happened back in 1994!

Lastly it looks like the rumors are true, and so the competition is extending well into August, which is the first time in the competition's history. It is also a good thing since the lasting appeal and the climactic feeling will last virtually a week longer - the competition won't feel like it ended so quickly, so to speak. This equally seems rather appropriate with the leap year coming and all! Just one thing to correct in the schedule, but the first erroneous Wednesday displayed there is actually a Saturday since the performances take place weekly on the Saturday for the first five weeks. It's curious as to whether the closing show will be scheduled to present on the Saturday (the 9th).

Thank you very much for this, Fred.

Edit: Like many of you stated, it's wonderful to get a return of 10 displays once again! We're certainly in for a wild year.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 14:09:27

Hanwha competed back in 1994 as Hanwa Marbeloid - I'd be surprised if it's a different company.

Paul, (that time) you are right. It looks that this South Korean company did compete in 1994. I have changed my first post. Nevertheless, to get five new entrants, along the creative Luso's team, will make room for innovation and new things.

It's curious as to whether the the closing show will be scheduled to present on the Saturday (the 9th).

La Ronde has experienced some problems to update their website, but Martyne Gagnon sent me an e-mail and she wrote that the closing show is scheduled for Wednesday, August 6th.

Fred

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 15:32:54   Edited by: Smoke

Thanks for the update, Fred. Again, I'm very, very happy to see that we're finally having the competition move well into August while starting at approximately the same time just around the onset of the Summer solstice (maybe France might do something for that ). I've always pondered the scenario of an early-August extension for the last 12-15 years.

I'm particularly looking forward to Australia, Canada, China, the U.S, Italy and Portugal the most. I have a suspicion that China might dedicate their show to something related to 888, especially seeing that they're presenting not far from August 8th, 2008, so it could be a potentially big performance! It seems my expectations are quite high for much of this season!

On a side note, I see that Canada and the U.S don't have their usual back to back presentation dates this time around!

Trav.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 17:53:06

Dear Forum users

To end any speculation of Howard & Sons participation in next year's competition please refer to our website for updates and latest news.

http://www.howardsfireworks.com.au/index2.asp

Our design process for next year's display commenced 2 years ago and we look forward to seeing you all in 2008 with our new and innovative concepts!

Stuart Bensley
h&s designer

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 18:30:34

Hi Mr. Bensley,

Thank you kindly for the website and subsequent information.

I very much look forward to witnessing the display and the innovative concepts as well as creativity that you speak of. I wish you all the best of success and preparation.

Kind regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 13, 2007 23:16:47

Some new names in the bunch for me. It will be fun to see what the newcomers can produce, and I'm am really looking forward to the SUNNY show, and Pyrovision one.
I feel very good about making the early prediction of a top three finish for SUNNY.
And it is good to hear that Howard and Sons is capable of mounting their display. Judging by the speed of their comments, you might guess that despite the obvious destruction, things are moving forward for them!
I will have to spend some time researching the names I don't recognize. Fun stuff.

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 02:26:39   Edited by: reflections_of_earth

that schedule right there is what i call a montreal fireworks schedule! hehe!!
First of i wish portugal won't be using there ring and do something new and more creative i'm sure they could do something better hehe!! Mybe it's time to use the ferris wheel as their new ring!! that would be something hehe!!

hanhwa would probably show a better show than the one they had in 1994!! i saw their show in macau from a video there's this one part that was real good if done perfectly!!

watch out for prestatech i know that they could bring the competition standards up if everything goes well! they know how to synch explosion sounds to music haha!! They competed against luso in nuits de feu on 2006!

im pretty sure howards and sons could do a show similar to the other australian companies hehe!!

oooohhh sunny!! can't wait to see their show i hope that it will have nice chinese music like they did in 2004!

as for the other i don't know them that much hehehe!! nice schedule can't wait for paul's videos!! )

vander

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 13:15:37

Thanks for posting the schedule on the homepage, Paul. It looks fantastic.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 13:41:37

For once I thought I'd get it done early this year - the main schedule page is also up - see the link at the top of the left menu bar in the forum here Also, it was nice that I didn't have to get any new flags - all the countries have competed before.

Paul.

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 16:25:16   Edited by: Admin

Dear Montreal-Fireworks Forum:

We are very excited about being selected to represent the United States next year in Montreal. All of you have great enthusiam for the event and we are looking forward to showcasing our display at La Ronde. Rock Loves... is a concept that we created to unite the arts of pyrotechnics and Rock N' Roll. Check our website, www.pyrotecnico.com for more details about the show. www.rockloves.com will be up and running very soon. Thanks guys!

Rocco Vitale
Pyrotecnico

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 22:57:51

hey do you have any sample pyromusical video so that we would know what to expect??

wow this website is really getting famous theres two competitors posting here!! hehe! where are the others?? hehehe!!
vander

Posted: Dec 14, 2007 23:19:56   Edited by: Rovira

Indeed, the shedule on the main page looks fantastic ! Thanks Paul.

Actually I'm very proud of beeing an active part of this web site. As I can see the competitors are also with us, so I presume they are interested in our opinion. Keep the good work !!!!!

Love the idea of doing a web page to give us an idea of the show. It's very innovative, and I love it. From my point of view this is another way to confirm that the Montreal Fireworks Competition, was the Queen and i is the Queen. THANK YOUY VERY MUCH. You made my day.

Rovira.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 21:57:35

I love that competitors are posting here. Hopefully they have read all our past reviews and found what worked and what didn't.

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 12:27:43

Check our website, www.pyrotecnico.com for more details about the show. www.rockloves.com will be up and running very soon. Thanks guys!

La firme américaine Pyrotecnico a créé un site web consacré spécifiquement au feu d'artifice qu'elle présentera à Montréal l'été prochain:

http://www.rockloves.com/

À ma connaissance, une telle création web est une première pour un feu présenté dans le cadre du concours international d'art pyrotechnique de Montréal!

Fred

Posted: Dec 24, 2007 12:39:36

Impressive - this sounds like a hyper performance, but I'm very surprised to get a good deal of information as to what is possibly expected of a competitor as much as six months in advance!

I wonder if we can get an idea about the other performances as well.

Thanks for this.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 27, 2007 23:19:38

Hey Trav.

Does Pirotecnica Morsani S.R.L have any connection with Ipon S.R.L?They both end with S.R.L (can you let me know what that means) and also for Panzera...I'D like to know why they add S.A.S

Pat

Posted: Dec 28, 2007 13:16:04

Hey Pat,

I'm really not that sure as to whether or not there's any kind of relation between the two firms, but my take on it would be that they're cousins, much like the renowned Spanish Caballer companies.

As for the "S.A.S", I'm not entirely positive in what it stands for, nor do I know what "S.R.L" spells out to be (something in Italian, I'm sure), though I only noticed the "S.A.S" appearing at the end of "Panzera" in recent years.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 30, 2007 21:49:09

maybe srl is like co. corp. in italian!

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 00:30:49

I'm actually though very astonished to see the return of South Korea after what is going to be 14 years...I don't know if it was the same firm at the time, but I hope the show is going to be a lot better than what happened back in 1994!

What happened back in 1994 ?

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 10:57:23

Mylène,

Je ne crois pas qu'un problème spectaculaire soit survenu, si ce n'est que la qualité du spectacle en avait déçu plusieurs. Voir les notes de Paul à ce sujet.

Fred

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 11:47:21

Hi Mylene,

Let's just say that their 1994 performance stood out as the mostly overall quietest display I had ever witnessed since 1990 - one of the many displays that I'll always remember. The finale itself was comparable to earlier segments in terms of intensity.

However, I honestly don't believe that we will experience something similar this coming Saturday from the team.

Trav.

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 23:52:03

Oh, ok. Thanks !
Enjoy the show !

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021