Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Winner of La fête du Lac des Nations 2008
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 10:59:07

Congratulations to Brad Dezotell and all the crew of Fireworks Spectaculars Canada of Alberta who won the competition in Sherbrooke held this past week. I've uploaded a video of their show to the Member Only Videos page.

Enjoy!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 10:07:42

Hi Paul,

I finally got around to watching this video.

Can you give us an indication as to how often pyrotechnic firms will design a show and, in essence, "tour" it at different competitions?

I ask, because this display is obviously a heavily scaled-down version of Fireworks Spectaculars Canada's delightful display in Montreal from 2007.

The "Rock Loves" website for Pyrotechnico's display billed Wednesday's presentation as the show's "debut." Was that just a subtle way of hyping up the display or do they actually plan to tour it elsewhere?

Tyler

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 11:20:52   Edited by: fredbastien

Tyler, I can't answer specifically for Pyrotecnico "Rock Loves", but it happens that a given show is done more than once, though some adjustments are needed for the length of the show and the particular features of the firing area.

For instance, Brézac Artifices presented in the 2006 Montreal competition a show which was basically the same than one displayed two years before in Cannes. The display was improved and adjusted for the size of Montreal (i.e.: the addition of 5 minutes to reach 30 minutes), but it was basically the same. (The designer Dominique Brézac answered to a specific question on that point in this PyroPlanet report.)

To design a pyromusical display means a lot of work. Last week, a well-known Canadian pyrotechnician told me that it would take 3 or 4 years to him to achieve a brand new 30-minute show. Owing to that cost, it is just rationale for them to increase the benefits as much as possible.

Fred

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 14:57:31

Maybe this was a chance for Fireworks Spectaculars to shoot the show as designed from start to finish - without the 15-20 minutes delay.

3-4 years to design a new 30 minute show? Wow! That's makes the Montreal competition even more impressive! All this work that goes into making a pyromusical that we never see when we watch the show

Page loading time (sec.): 0.021