Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Finale Videos from Pierre
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 19:09:54

Hey Trav.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Quebec City, my friend.....and you are some lucky guy, getting to see another firework display! I bet you sensed there was something cooking (like a firework display, for example...wink, wink) in Quebec City, so this is why you ended up there instead of Ontario. Gananoque is also very nice.

Speaking of Quebec City, have you ever been to "Les chutes Montmorency", to see the fireworks competition there? I have been there once, last year. I enjoyed it, but I think I prefer La Mondial SAQ. Here in Montreal, you get it for free and have much more space to choose from to be standing.

Thanks for your details, about the difference between Italy's and Spain's finale. You make my mouth water, when you say how great was the entire IPON's display.

I TOTALLY agree with you Trav, about what you say regarding finales. Personally, if a display is quite ordinary with a very strong and exciting finale, I tend to be very "forgiving" and I am left with a great feeling. On the contrary, a nice display with a boring finale, leaves me with a great deception. But like you said, firework displays should not be judged only by their ending.

And hey......if you wanna talk finales with someone Trav.....I never get bored!

To answer your question.....yes, I am the one screaming on the Caballer's ending ( I couldn't help it...LOL).......but not on the Panzera's ending though.

See ya!

Pierre

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 19:16:19

Hey Snokkie

Really, it was my pleasure to share those clips with all of you. I know everyone in here would have done the same. And thanks for the links about the movie.....it will not be a punishment to wait while it downloads.....the long anticipation will be worth it.

Pierre

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 20:25:24

first i would like to say

Smoke, what a coincidence has it been this year for both of us!
remember Germany's night, we were both close to go there

and now we got to see other displays outside Montreal
remember when i told u i saw a 10min show in Niagara Falls and now u saw one in Quebec City!

u always fall the same path as mine LOL

anyways, Salutes lover, yes a typical "Italian ending" ends with alot of salutes

i finished watching all the videos that Snokkie recommended, the whole thing is amazing, especially the ending
ive noticed, theres some effects that i have never seen, ive also notice that every Caballer has their own unique endings, theres alot alot of mines (those BRIGHT BRIGHT lights that make ALOT of noise) I JUST LOVE THOSEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im starting to consider Caballer as my favourite firm, althro to confirm that ill have to check another show from them!

u guys should really download those large files, THEY R REALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

Snokkie, how long r each displays there?

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 21:12:01   Edited by: Smoke

Pierre and Enkil,

To start off, yes, Pierre, I was very fortunate to see another fireworks show at Quebec City, last night. I was delighted and happy to see an extra display, especially when the competition is over. It really brightened my spirit! As for Gananoque, yes, I ended up going today instead! What a twisted two days it's been! I've been up and down, I guess! Well, I wasn't fortunate enough to see another display tonight, but that would make me spoilt! However, I was treated with a fantastic boat ride across the St-Lawrence, you know the 1000 islands small trip. And you're right, Gananoque is a beautiful place, as well as Quebec City. There's so much to see and cover, but I can tell you that up where the canyon is in Quebec City, it's simply breathtaking!

Anyways, to answer your question about if I've been to "Les Chutes Montmorency," yes, I have. In fact, that's where I spent some time when I went to Quebec City, before I went up the mountain for sight-seing. Very lovely. I've seen about 2 or 3 displays there before. I saw one last year and a few more in 2002 and maybe back in 2001, if my memory's correct.

As for finales, in general, it really keeps discussion going! In fact, I think finales are the most popular and exciting topics to talk about. You really can't get bored. I love them so much! Ever since 1990, since I've been attending the competition, and saw my very first finale, I was kinda scared, because I was only 5, almost 6 years of age, but I enjoyed it to the highest extent, none the less. Ever since then, I've always waited for that part. This is why I love talking about them so much! Over the years, I go crazy about them and now I'm a professional critic on finales, and I know all of you are, too, meaning we know what's a good one and what wasn't, like too short, not enough colour or intensity, and so on. Of course, not saying in terms of who should win.

And Enkil, I agree, what a crazy year it has been for both of us! I also remember when we were both so close to seing Germany, but didn't, but we really tried! And I remember you telling me when you saw a display in Niagra Falls, but then I saw one in Quebec City last night and was also 10 minutes!

I also agree, Caballer, as well as IPON, were my personal favourites, in terms of excitement. They were really something else and both finales were INCREDIBLE, especially Caballer! I can see why you screamed, Pierre! Believe me, I was getting so excited that I was spraying my water bottle everywhere and I was cheering so loudly for it to continue! This is what I was saying: MORE, DON'T STOP, KEEP GOING!!!!!!!!!!! I really lost control when they kept going! If they come back next year, I'm hoping they'll do something like that, or even better! Don't worry, Pierre, i don't get bored, either!

Enkil, I also have to comment on all the weather statements we've been making for each display! Remember all the threats? Particularly the loud thunderbooms on that afternoon when China was playing, or the time when the heavy rain came down before Caballer's show, or even the cool nights at the beginning of the competition? Yes, we certainly did a good job of keeping everyone informed! I miss giving updates and the sudden changes! It all happened so fast!

It was kind of fun giving and sharing our weather statements! I want to do that again next year!

Enkil, you're totally right, it was a very coincidential year for us. Everything was so similar! The exact things happend at the same time, especially the night of Germany, when I was in Ottawa and you were in the U.S(I think) and we were like 10 minutes away!

What a memorable year!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 21:18:15

Smoke, did u watch it Sunday night?

mine was a Sunday at 10:00pm

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 21:22:47

Well, I guess so! Yesturday was a Sunday and that's when I was in Quebec City, but I think the one I saw was at 9:30, but who cares! Another coincidence for both of us!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 21:24:06

lol

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 21:28:40

That's really worth the!

So many close calls and coincidences this year, especially all the weather threats and us seing things at the same time!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 10, 2004 12:38:35   Edited by: Admin

Snokkie, how long r each displays there?

Enkil, the shows go from 20/25 mins on the first evenings (12/13 march) right uptill 30/35/40 mins for the Nit de Foc (18 march). It was really amazing to witness the Spanish fireworks madness upclose and personal. There were so many effect, theme's and salutes, it was really dazzeling.

If you are a salute and mines lover download this movie http://www.freakpyromaniacs.com/movies/movie.php?m=50 It is a Mascleta fired by...who else...Vincent Caballer and its has a crazy crazy 6" salute mine finale. Pump up your volume for this 1.

Damn it's so hard to recommend the movies, everything shot in or by Spain is so awesome. This september, the 26th to be exact we will be in Barcelona to witness a 1,3 million euro firework show shot by Group F (France) and Igual (well known to you all). We have very very high expectations of this show with this huge budget.

Also keep checking the movies page for movies from Malta. 1 of us (Vinnie) was there last week and O.M.G. do they have the most awesome multibreaks and other big ass shells right up to 6 foot. There are some great pics and movies allready.

Btw: I hope you guys don't mind me 'spamming' this board with messages about our movies and pictures. We have some much footage and we wanna share it with every1 who shares our big love for fireworks. And my apologies for going off topic

Posted: Aug 10, 2004 12:46:43

Damn that was me up there. Wanted to edit the image links that i screwed up. Any mod wanna do me a favor plz. Edit them or remove em, TY

Btw: There are more Spanish fireworkers called Caballer. Vincent, Anthonio and Ricardo. As for as we are concerned Vincent is THE man, especially his single shot compositions and finales are out of this world.

Posted: Aug 10, 2004 19:00:36

Paul,

I should be the one thanking you for your patience, since I am not a computer wizard.....I am very happy that you posted my clips in here and that you took the time to explain how to make them accessible to your website.

Also, thanks for this forum, so I can share my love for fireworks, with people who understand.

Sincerely......Pierre

Posted: Aug 10, 2004 19:18:23

Trav,

I am glad you enjoyed both of your trips, to the East and to the West I should try to go back to Gananoque and get that boat ride that you had......such a great idea!

It's funny that you also were scared of fireworks when you were a child. I was the same as you....I used to insert my index fingers in my ears and close my eyes very tightly as the mines were exploding....LOL .....now, I smile, grind my teeth together from pure pleasure or scream the words: "C'mon, give it all you got, MORE, MORE, MORE"

I can understand so perfectly, how you lost control during the finales....this is because you are a genuine firework lover! You got it in your soul.

And Enkil......yes, finales with loads of salutes is truly Italian style. By the way, I have a question. Now, I am wondering if it is "salutes" that I like, or "mines". What is the difference? Those I like are the big bright white spots that explode with a big bang!

I hope everybody sleeps well, despite of the thunderstorm that seem to want to come back again.....

Pierre

Posted: Aug 10, 2004 20:15:20   Edited by: Smoke

Pierre,

You really should try that boat ride! You won't be disappointed. There's so much to see and cover! Just make sure that you bring your camera. I took a great deal of pics! Try going for the 1-2 hour ride. You'll get more out of it. It's very beautiful.

As for the weather, I just love this scenario! It's similar to fireworks in a way! You see the intensity of the flash of lightning and then hear the noise! Some of those thuderboomers were SUPER LOUD! I also was watching every storm today, and I must say that the lightning took on some incredible shapes and effects! Since lunch time we've been getting hammered!

The weather right now and the rest of the evening hours will be like this because of the humid and moist airmass that's over a great portion of southern Quebec. All the dynamics are there to energize the series of storms, that's why we're getting chain-like storm cells. These cells move closely together and strenghten themselves with these factors. Plus, as I've checked in with some weather reports, the dewpoint values are relatively high and that's helping the relative humidity percentage readings to stay up there. They're many storms popping all over the place and I heard that some places had far worse than we did. In fact, there was a fire, started by lightning, near my house at the next block! Very scary.

Believe me, I never miss a thunderstorm! I just love them! Why not say that they're a hobby to me, because they're like fireworks, except more violent! Well I shouldn't say that I love them because they can be destructive, like some of tonight's. And to tell you the truth, most of the time I can sense them coming, just by watching the sky and cloud formations! I can just tell.

Anyways, just remember that when you're watching a thunderstorm, to play it safe. I guess you know all your lightning safety! Lightning is FAR more dangerous and deadly than fireworks!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 11:53:12   Edited by: Enkil

"Now, I am wondering if it is "salutes" that I like, or "mines". What is the difference? Those I like are the big bright white spots that explode with a big bang! "

thats the one
i can give a good exemple, last year, i dont know if u saw the US show, but at the very end of their final, they launched these (what i call) mines

i think its called "maroon"

i think its a great way to end a show, its bright and LOUD!

i think ive seen this year (like the US one) in an ending show, but i dont remember which country did it, maybe Spain

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 12:56:51   Edited by: Smoke

I've seen these, too.

A very nice way to end a show. I think those bright flashes used for some endings are called mines. I know Spain and Italy usually uses this to end their displays with those bangs. I love those!

Although, I think that mines are also my favorite type of fireworks along with salutes, since they're so loud and bright. A really long lasting ending would be done with a combonation of mines, salutes, colour, brightness, longevity, like IPON and Caballer, and filling up the whole sky causing the audience to cheer frantically!

I love ending like those! I think if you look at the Caballer finale att he very end, I think those are mines, Enkil. The bright stuff at the very end in the bottom.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 13:30:26   Edited by: fireworksforum

Guys,

you're starting to get all mixed up with the fireworks terms you're using. This is why I created a glossary of the terms I use in my reports. Take a look at:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/pyro_glossary.html

and it will straighten out your confusion. Mines are very similar to shells, except that they explode on the ground rather than in the air. A mine, just like a shell, may contain stars, comets and/or other effects such as salutes. Take a look at the glossary and it will all become clear!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 13:41:19

Indeed Trav, those are mines. Usually Caballer/Spain uses 6" (salute) mines. They produce these large colums of very bright lights followed with a very intense 'sharp' salute. In Spain and Italy these are used very often to really end of a show. Combined with real TI salutes they bring your eardrums to life . They were used in almost every show we saw in Valencia.

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 14:54:09

Paul,

to tell u the truth,

when i look at ure glossary and Tom Smiths, i dont understand anything, it comes out chinese to me

maybe its my english (the difficult words), ive always wanted to learn the names, but i cant figure out

it would be much MUCH easier with images, since we've so many types of fireworks, it will be easier to know

just a suggestion, but i do realize it takes a some time to draw or search for images

but one day ill know

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 15:02:21

Enkil,

you're right, it would be easier with images. The problem is that photos of fireworks very rarely look anything like how we actually *see* the fireworks themselves, mainly because of the long exposure times required. These long exposures cause stars which are just moving points of light to look like trails of light on the photo. Then the photo looks more like comets than stars so it because difficult to distinguish the two. Best would be to have some video clips. I may actually have something somewhere which I could use - I was sent a video catalogue by a Chinese company some years ago.

Paul.

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 15:09:15

btw, i learned the word "maroon" from http://people.howstuffworks.com/fireworks4.htm

theres a flash player on that site if u scroll down

when u click on "Palm" it plays a clip, but its done with flash, which im sure its not easy to creat

but its pretty kewl

Posted: Aug 14, 2004 07:31:55   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

I'm sure that the video clips would help us in indentifying fireworks.....Big time. Like Enkil said, it's way too difficult to understand the glossary without pictures. I've glimpsed through that section several times and still have a tough time, especially Tom Smith's definitions.

This is why I was wondering if you could provide us with a small tutorial to help us out and clear up things.

I know of a few already, like the different varieties of girandolas, i.e. gold glittering double ascension giranadolas, as well as other types of girandolas, which have been used quite often this year by many firms. I also know what the weeping willows are and, of course, I definitely know what salutes are! Now that you've given a broad definition of "mines," I think I know what they are, now, but I still want to see them, to get some visual.

Anyways, a lesson would be really convinient! I would really have more fun with a display, if I could identify everything. That would be cool and entertaining. I've always wanted to fimiliarize myself with all the different terms and I only know some of the popular ones used in finales, like salutes, etc.

It would be a lot easier, as you say with video clips, because it offers a visual perspective. This should help clear up the confusion.

I'm hoping to learn them all before next year! It's a very interesting topic, indeed!

BTW, you know the "multi-breaks?" Weren't these used be IPON a lot? I think Caballer used them a lot, too.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 15, 2004 19:17:52

hello,
im so glad to see ao many good videos to watsh but unlucky it can't show and i see nothing. i don't know why.
Sun

Posted: Aug 16, 2004 04:49:49   Edited by: Snokkie

I hate to have download some stuff again Smoke but download this movie http://www.freakpyromaniacs.com/movies/movie.php?m=72 It shows a multibreak cilindric salute shell. Great thing about this movie is that you actually see the various breaks. Keep in mind that this is 1 shell that consists of multiple 'layers' which break 1 after another.
This movie http://www.freakpyromaniacs.com/movies/movie.php?m=78 shows you 1 of the many firework factories on Malta and here you can see the multibreaks while they are manufactured. This kinda shell is used very often in Malta, Spain and Italy and can be filled with all sorts of effects. We have some very impressive movies from last years World Fireworks Symposium in Valencia where you can see some kickass multibreak shells. I will see if we can get 1 of em online.

Posted: Aug 16, 2004 08:08:53

Thank you, Snokkie. It's a lot easier to understand visually. I would love to see more! Once again, thx.

And Sun, maybe it's the speed of your computer, or maybe you don't have the right media player. If you're watching the finales from Pierre, then you'll need Quick Time media player format. These clips are only compatible to that application. Also, another problem could be the size of the files. The clips are very big, especially Caballer's.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Dec 9, 2004 08:31:10

HI I NEED FIREWORKS CLIP FOR PRESENTATION

Posted: Dec 9, 2004 08:32:05

HELP ME PLEASE FIND FIREWORKS DISPLAY

Posted: Dec 11, 2004 03:07:00

Mike,

go to http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/symposium.html (on this site in fact). There are three video clips of fireworks. Or follow the forum threads on video clips of this year's competition: there are lots of clips to be had.

Paul.

Posted: Dec 31, 2004 15:19:46

wheres the video? with sounds please!

Posted: Dec 31, 2004 15:51:18

You didn't look very hard on that page did you?

There are three links to videos there with sound.

Just to make it easy for you:

http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/Video/italy.mpg
http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/Video/spain.mpg
http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/Video/italy-finale.mpg

Also, if you read some of the messages in the forum, you'll find lots of links to other videos.

Enjoy.

Paul.

Posted: Feb 1, 2005 19:07:01

HOW COME THEIR ISN'T ANYTHING OVER ONE MINUTE LONG,,WHAT I MEAN IS IS THAT THE VIDEOS HERE ARE ONLY>>> ONLY OF THE FINALE SHOW AND IT ONLY LASTS AT MOST 36 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!! LAME LAME LAME AND MORE LAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARENT THEIR ANY CLIPS OF THE ENTIRE SHOW THAT LASTS AT LEAST TWO MINUTES!!!!????????
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.013