Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Videos not available at the moment
Last poster Message

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 08:02:11

Seems I exceeded the definition of "unlimited bandwidth" and have had to take down the videos - this is why the site was suspended the past day. I'm looking for another solution to host them.

Please excuse the inconvenience in the meantime.

Paul.

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 11:13:06   Edited by: STL

Hi Paul,

What is your current hosting plan ? How much would it be to upgrade to a dedicated server ? This might be a solution...

In the meantime, you could implement a bandwidth counter and deny the downloads for the rest of the month (or the week, etc.) if it gets busted.

Still, I wonder why your webhost suddenly noticed your high bandwidth consumption as you said that the peak was in July (not September)...

STL

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 13:34:58   Edited by: fireworksforum

My current hosting plan is pretty cheap - it offers both unlimited bandwidth and storage - but there is some fine print to that. It says that it's not really designed for hosting large multimedia files and the bandwidth is meant for personal/small business usage, not unlimited in the sense of something like YouTube Dedicated hosting would cost probably 10x as much per month and it's not worth it for me.

Here's the stats for the past 5 months
May 2009 ...... 28.04 GB
Jun 2009 ...... 112.03 GB
Jul 2009 ...... 211.40 GB
Aug 2009 ...... 328.44 GB
Sep 2009 ...... 75.25 GB

I don't know why they suddenly noticed - though having the Royal video linked from the main index page probably didn't help, nor it being linked to from a Dutch fireworks forum too.

Anyway, the goodnews is that we're back.

Paul.

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 16:46:04

Nice to see the site running again.

Trav.

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 01:12:02

Hi,

I've been a member here for a while but never post because I usually just log in to read reviews and watch videos.

I was just wondering if there were any updates on when the videos would return. I've been meaning to show a friend some highlights from 2009 but I'm unable tofind videos anywhere else.

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 15, 2010 12:10:51

The videos are back on-line to forum members, thanks to the good people of http:// www.pyroworld.nl who have provided me some hosting space.

Please enjoy!

Paul

Page loading time (sec.): 0.019