Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Weather Cooperation (or not)
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Last poster Message

Posted: Jul 28, 2004 15:24:45

last report for the night

the system is leaving earlier than reported, by midnight everything will cleared

but the 40 cha. still stay

my prediction: it wont rain (hopefully)

Posted: Jul 28, 2004 15:32:30

Same old scenario. Cloudy with showers and 40%. I've checked several weather maps and it looks like the low pressure system still carries a good portion of precipitation. I wouldn't rool out the possibility, but just be prepared. I know that the dynamics are definitely there. We just had a some sunny breaks, but that could be a bad thing, since the solar energy can give way to more threats. You're right though, it should clear out by overnight, so it's moving at a steady pace.

All I could say is: be prepared! I wouldn't be surprised if nything happens.

On the bright side, enjoy the Panzera closing show for the 20th anniversary, whether or not it rains!

My prediction is just as good as yours: no rain! I hope! This may be my last weather report for the competiton!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 08:29:53

Greetings,

This is an update for September 5th, "The Pyjama Fireworks Display."

The forecast will be excellent. Much warmer than last year's forecast for the ocassion. The forecast is calling for generally cloudy periods with a 10% chance of precipitation. The winds will be close to moderate and coming from the South East at 15km/h. Dewpoints will be stable, but enough to make it feel warmer than the initial temperature, which is 24-26 degrees. Very nice summery-like weather.

I wouldn't worry too much about the evening forecast, because it will most likely be the same, but obvioulsy, the temperature will drop, but not substantially. I doubt it! I will let you guys know the evening forecast for tomorrow, when it's released, which should be tonight!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 4, 2004 21:22:14

The evening forecast is released, well, a while ago.

It's good. The temperature is at 20 degrees and winds are about 10 km/h from the Southeast. The chances of any precipitation is 0% and skies will be mainly clear. Relative humidity will be at 65%, and I suspect that dewpoint values should be descent enough to make it feel slightly warmer.

In essence, a perfect summers evening to end a very nice year!

As always, I'll provide information if they're any changes.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 5, 2004 07:23:35

Well, not a big change to the forecast.

Everything's the same except they just dropped the temperature by 1 degree, so now, it's 19 degrees this evening. Also, there will be variable clouds followed by a 10% chance of precip. Big deal!

That's all!

Enjoy the 12-minute display tonight!

Regards,

Trav.
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .

Page loading time (sec.): 0.023