Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› General —› Pajama Fireworks 2004
. 1 . 2 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 21:21:31

"This year’s Pajama Fireworks will take place on Sunday, September 5. A 50% discount on ride admission tickets will be given to anyone who shows up at the ticket booth wearing pajamas.

A specially created fireworks event will light up La Ronde’s sky at 9 p.m."

http://www.laronde.com/en/Evenements/Pyjama.asp

i wonder if they'll be using Caballer's leftover materials!

again this year, i will most likely not attend, simply becuz its just to painfull to ask a member of family to sent me there, they will prolly freak out when i tell them its a 10 -15 min show when they have to do 30min drive lol
damn! i wish i knew how to drive a car!

but in a few years by now, i willl get my pass season and go there every fireworks night, like in 2000

Posted: Aug 21, 2004 06:39:56   Edited by: Smoke

Enkil,

Remember what happened last year? All the asking and begging?

Oh yes, Enkil, I wanted to ask you, but are you going to that display at St Pie tonight?

Trav.

Posted: Aug 21, 2004 07:25:09

nop its impossible for me to get there, i wont even bother asking them cuz theyll freak out!

if it was in Montreal or Laval, it would have been easier here

r u going thro?

Posted: Aug 21, 2004 09:17:20

50/50 chance.

I'm hoping to go.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 21, 2004 09:45:22

how much time does it take to go there?

Posted: Aug 21, 2004 10:25:52

Paul said that it's about 75km/h to go there from Montreal and he's right because I went to Quebec City, not too long ago, and passed through St-Hyacinthe on the way. I remember that it's about that distance. It's not that far. A little less than an hour, depending how fast you're going.

The only problem is getting to the appropriate exits. That's the tough part.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 21, 2004 13:05:47

well then go earlier, and ask around and ull be there for sure

dont forget to bring a coat

and when u come back, give a full review

Posted: Aug 21, 2004 15:00:52

Unfortunately, I won't be going anymore. Believe me, I really tried to convince them, but always the same answer. They say that they're not in the mood!

This sucks!

I guess we'll have to wait on Paul's review. I'm sorry I couldn't come, Paul, even as much as I wanted to! Please tell us all about it.

It would've been real nice to go to see one last display for the summer!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 21, 2004 16:09:37

my family would prolly say the same thing or "dont ruin my plans" or "i dont feel like it"

but u know Smoke, i dont know if its the same for u, but sometimes its difficult for them to go somewhere very far

if i knew how to drive the car and if i was a bit much older i would have taken the car and go there right away

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 07:55:58

Yeah, I know, but still, it's not that far.

I wonder how it went.........I'm sure it was pretty good. It was by Royal, after all.

BTW, are you probably going to change your mind about going to the Pyjama Fireworks show?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 08:48:48   Edited by: Enkil

prolly not, my family doesnt think its worth the 30min drive for a 15min show, ill try to ask, maybe if that night someone goes to montreal, maybe we can at the same time go there, but that would just be luck

its interessing to know that u can get 50% off if u wear a pajama, thats like 15$, its quite good, except no one wants to be embarrassed lol

u r going? if so r u going to Notre Dame street? that would be a great way for u to finish summer, especially being on that street, it would bring back the good memoires since uve been there for so long

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 12:48:28

I think that 50% off is a great deal, but to go there with your PJs on is a little funny and weird, if you know what I mean.

There's a chance that I might go this year, but I say that now and no one will end up going! This brings back what happened last year! All that begging and still no reward!

As for going on Notre-Dame, I don't if it's going to be that easy. I'm not sure if they actually close it. I'm not even sure about De Lorimier. I don't see why they shouldn't, though because it's a popular spot and a TON of people go there, like me and you.

And yes, you're right, Notre-Dame and De Lorimier will definitely bring back the memories and end summer with a bang, especially, as you say, since I've been going there so long, for 15 years!!! I just wish I could be there right now! I miss the days so much! Now the sun is starting to go down a bit earlier, too!

Enkil, if no one wants to go, maybe we can try to get there somehow, right on Notre-Dame, with luck, of course. Any suggestions? Well, we can wait and see. There's still a chance. It would be great if we could drive, although I do know how, but I don't have my license, just my permit, so I can't drive without supervision.

I can't bear waiting 10 months to see the competition again. It's too long!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 13:16:39   Edited by: Enkil

i dont have a license nor a permit lol, i sure as hell dont know how to drive, muchless how to get there with the car

but i think Notre-Dame and De Lorimier will be open, becuz last year someone said that the bridge was open

theres still alot of time, maybe i could make a deal or something with someone or blackmail them (hihi), ill see what i can do

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 16:16:43   Edited by: Smoke

I'm trying to come up with some kind of plan. I think Notre-Dame and De Lorimier weren't closed last year, not to mention the bridge. I think that's only necessary for the competition. I don't think that there would be that many people, though, but still.

Maybe blackmail is a good idea!

It would be good if one of us can go because someone can tell the other person how it went, but then again I want to see it with my own eyes!

It's too bad that you can't take the metro anymore! I think we're stuck again! I'm hoping to get my license when I go on Wednesday! I go to the driving bureau in Laval, btw.

Let me know if any changes happen with you and I'll let you know if anything new happens with me.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 16:34:32

the blackmail idea is always great and it works always for me

since im the little one here, i have to use it in order to get what i want, it has always been successfull (well most of the time)

i can come up with something, which as "i wont make u any music Cds anymore if u dont send me there!" stuffs like that

i totally forgot about the meteo! it reopens tomorrow! i could take the metro, but arghh

i want to ask my sister to sent me, but im afraid of her reaction

i need to think of a plan too, time will tell

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 16:55:15   Edited by: Enkil

Smoke,

i just realized theres the weather situation

check the old posts
[url=http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vtopic&f orum=5&sortBy=0&page=3
]http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vtopic&forum = 5&sortBy=0&page=3
[/url]

we had an ugly August, God knows how September will end up

ah this sucks, i dont know what to do lol, last year we were in the same situation, now again

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 19:04:42   Edited by: Smoke

Yeah, ever since August came in, it hasn't been that good. We had a very nice June, July and May, though, but there were some days in August that were good. Last night was cold, though! I think the coldest night this summer was last night.

Who knows, maybe September will be better than August? However, September is FALL!

I've checked the links you posted. The good news is that this week will be pretty warm, actually, some days will be kinda hot. The weekend is looking good!

The only problem is that there might be showers and chance of thunderstorms, around 40-60%. This could still very well change!

It's true, this is exactly what happened last year. At least you've got the metro so there's a higher chance for you. Maybe there's someone in your family who really wants to go, but you haven't thought of it yet? Try to think of someone that would REALLY want to go.

I really wish that both of us can go, but like you, I've afraid that when I ask, I'll get a negative response. Like you said, only time will tell. It would be nice to see something before summer ends....

BTW, you might want to check this link: http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum =5&topic=86

It shows what we had to go through last year.

I'm sure something will happen. Keep your fingers crossed. What happened to the good old days?

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 19:24:26

yeah, i read that topic before u posted it

but look what i found a quote from u

"I dreamt about next year's competition and that Spain was playing first to get the competition started and it was Pirotechnia Igual as the company for Spain"

thats another concidence, but this time u and the competition lol
its amazing how much concidences we got this year, its crazy

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 19:37:34   Edited by: Smoke

Now that you posted that quote, I realized that it actually happened! Jeeze! My dream really came true! It was Spain that played first and it was Pirotechnia Igual!! What a coincidence. I'm glad you brought it up!

Man, I remember all the coincidences you and I had this year. The biggest ones, by far, were the trips we took on the day of Germany. We were both SO CLOSE to the firing site. I think you were coming back from the U.S and I was coming from Ottawa. Another coincidence was that we both saw mini displays! I saw one in Quebec City and you saw one at Niagra Falls. Another one for me was that my 20th birthday fell on France's presentation day! My brother had one, too! There were so many more! The weather was another thing! There was lao Saint-Jean Baptiste fireworks! Canada Day was another one. A lot of loud thunderstorms, plus a fireworks display near my house, remember? Can you think of any more good times and coincidences?

I also looked back at some of the discussions we had. Remember the the topic I posted last year "About Snap shots, Come in, Enkil>>>>>"

I was so into taking so many pictures this year, but it never happened. However, the good news was that I did get a brand new cell phone for my birthday, and it has a camera, so i took a few shots of fireworks, although the shots are not that clear like a real camera.

Anyways, another thing that I wanted to bring up is the weather topic. Did you see how many posts were there? "61 posts!!!!!!" We really talked a lot about the weather, didn't we? So many threats, but nothing happened! The closest time that the rain almost came was the Panzera closing show.

Now that you think about it, it was a great year for both of us!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 19:59:41

ok i just talked with my mom

u had to see the way i was talking, as if it was the end of the world, i told her to listen to me very carefully... the moment when i told her September 5, she said that my dad and him r going to a wedding

so already the bad luck is here

but this is actully turn out interessing, now that my parent wont be home, prolly my sister will get a bit bored and then i can convience her to get out of the house

did u notice that the next day is fête de dollars? so no one has work, thats a bonus

althro i still have to ask my sister (my only hope) ill ask her when shes in a good mood lol

im pretty sure this will end up a last minutes decision

did u try to talk with anyone yet, be sure to mention that the next day they DONT HAVE WORK! lol

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 20:10:07   Edited by: Smoke

At least things are looking good for you! It's still the same thing for me. A repeat of last year! I've still got time. Well, if I don't go, I hope that you do.

BTW, I was taking a look at the "Information" section of this site and saw some very interesting facts about our competition. it's funny because I've been through all the sections of this forum, but I can't get over the fact of these statistics.

Here's the link: http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/setup.html

Go to the bottom of the page and read the heading: "Spectators and other Information." Interesting stuff and a good indication of how popular and big our competition is!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 20:13:20

ive read that section many times before

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 20:17:35

Me too, but I still can't get over those stats, despite all the times I go to that section!

Truly amazing! My uncle doesn't believe me when I say "500,000 people when the weather is nice." I told him to go visit this web site and see for himself!

It is true!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 20:29:11   Edited by: Enkil

yes, its hard to believe, u know its REALLY packed there, have u ever seen at the end of a show the bridge, when ppl come down from the bridge? its crazy

anyways, i just remembered, we r expecting a surprise from Paul! he said that Friday and he said in a "few days" 2 days have passed, im dying to know what it is, do u know what it can be? i have a feeling that it will be a video with a full display (maybe from Germany)

btw, i was just looking at some old post

if u take a look at http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum =5&topic=186

i had predicted that Germany would win and they won

this is kinda getting freaky lol

Posted: Aug 23, 2004 06:31:45

Enkil,

Yeah, I've seen the bridge when it's really packed. And I know what it looks like when they start walking down. It's a lot of people. I don't think Paul is lying when he says about "100,000 people on the bridge." It's true! I wonder how many people watch on Notre-Dame and De Lorimier?

I actually thought that IPON or Holland was going to win! Last year I predicted Canada, and they won! This year it was Germany.

As for the surprise that Paul mentioned, I wonder if it's IPON's finale? Or maybe it's something about 2005. I can hardly wait. At least that's something to look foward to.

As you say, this is getting freaky!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 06:57:48

Looks like the weather will be perfect for the pyjama day fireworks. I will be there, hopefully sitting in Section 3 (as I did throughout the competition). I'd be happy to meet any forum members who are there.

Paul.

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 12:45:12   Edited by: Smoke

Paul,

I hope I'll get to go for 3 big reasons. First of all, to be back on De Lorimier and Notre-Dame again and bring back the good old summery days and old times. Secondly, I want to see a final display before summer is over and finally, I want to meet you face to face for the first time!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 13:57:55

I will be at La Ronde, not on De Lorimier and Notre-Dame.

Paul.

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 14:00:59

Sept 5, at La Ronde (an email i recieved today)

10h à 20h La petite ferme de Monsieur Papineau
(près du manège Bob l'Éponge 3D)
13h à 17h Clinique d'identification du Réseau Enfants Retour devant le Grand Carrousel
13h à 17h Animation à la Place du Canada. (Sculptures de ballons, magie, jonglerie, etc.)
13h30 à 14h30
et
15h30 à 16h30 Démonstration canine par le Centre canin international.
ANIMATION
17h00 à 18h00 Spectacle d'Arthur L'aventurier sur la scène flottante de la Place du Canada
18h20 à 19h00 Parade des pyjamas à la Place du Canada
19h00 à 19h30 Tirage - parade des pyjamas à la Place du Canada
19h30 à 20h30 Spectacle de la Petite Jacinthe sur la scène flottante de la Place du Canada
20h30 à 20h45 Tirage de l'ameublement
21h00 à 21h12 Feu des pyjamas
21h12 Fin des activités.

personaly, i really dont care about the activities, but here, its interessing to know that the duration is about 12min

Smoke,

ive been thinking about it, and i realized that theres alot of cars there, i dont really find it safe
the bridge is the same thing, i know that there will be some ppl, but still the cars go fast, there will be alot of wind and cold

have u ever thought about it? what do u think?

Posted: Sep 2, 2004 15:16:43

Paul,

I know you'll be in La Ronde. I just was thinking about the thought of going De Lorimier and Notre-Dame and to bring back the memories. Most likely, though, the best bet is La Ronde because I'm not sure if those streets and the bridge will be closed for the ocassion. It's only 12 minutes, after all.

Enkil, I'm still giving it some serious thought. I wish I could just drive there! I mean, by myself! It doesn't look like anybody wants to go....I think it's because of the cooler weather on Sunday. It seems the high is a not too bad 22 degrees, but the evening could get cool. Plus, we're not too certain about parking in the usual place. It won't be the same like during June and July. This is why, if we still go, we should go to La Ronde. The good news is that there's no rain in the forecast(YET).

BTW, have you seen the forecast for next week? It's terrible and pitiful! Yuck!

It all comes down to this!

Trav.
. 1 . 2 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.014