Home   Statistics   Registration   Search   Language

More Navigation

Montreal Fireworks Forum —› News —› Finale Videos from Pierre
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Last poster Message

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 10:38:45

Pierre kindly gave me a CD with his recordings of seven of this year's finales. I've uploaded them now to my "spare" server. Please note these are in QuickTime format so you will need to use the QuickTime player to view them. Thanks to Pierre (salutes lover) for making these available.

http://www.mixed-messages.net/Downloads/laronde120604.mov
http://www.mixed-messages.net/Downloads/espagne190604.mov
http://www.mixed-messages.net/Downloads/japon260604.mov
http://www.mixed-messages.net/Downloads/espagne100704.mov
http://www.mixed-messages.net/Downloads/china170704.mov
http://www.mixed-messages.net/Downloads/allemagne240704.mov
http://www.mixed-messages.net/Downloads/laronde280704.mov

These were all filmed from the Jacques Cartier bridge overlooking La Ronde so it gives people an idea of the view from this location.

Thanks for making these available Pierre!

Paul.

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 13:04:32

There's a small problem, though. It seems that I can only watch the first and last clips listed above. When I try the others, nothing shows up on the screen.

This maybe just my computer. Is it working for you guys? Anybody have suggestions?

The 2 I saw were very nicely done! Thx Pierre! I just hope I can see the others!

It looks pretty good on the bridge, from a viewing perspective! Anyways, reply soon.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 13:29:35

everything works fine for me, i havent posted yet, cuz im currently converting them in mpg (cuz i hate .mov)

did u try redownloading them, try one by one, i will come to ure assistance once im done

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 14:01:17   Edited by: Enkil

Smoke, what is the version of ure Quicktime?

im using v6.1, did u try redownloading one be one?

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 14:16:47

Enkil,

I tried redownloading them, but for some reason, only the first and last ones are working. I mean, the La Ronde finale and the opening display finale are the only ones that are working.

When I try the other ones, nothing happens. In the bottom of the page, it says "done" after downloading, as usual, but nothing shows up..... The ones that ARE working come up very fast with no problems!

I'm not sure what version I have of Quick Time, but is there a way of converting the files into Real One Player format? I like it better, that's all. I'll try to find out what version I have and let you know.

Darn, I wish I could see them!

Trav.

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 14:25:44

one way or another u will be able to it

u need to go to Help -> About and tell me the version

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 16:16:55   Edited by: Smoke

I think the version that I have is the "Free Version".

I'm not sure about the rest, but I also read "Version 6.5.1," in HELP-ABOUT. That's the version I saw.

I also think that if I had the Quick time Pro format, maybe it will work? Perhaps this is the problem.

Which one do you have, Enkil? I'll try to get the same one as yours. My computer is new and has high speed, so it has to be the application program. I don't why the other clip downloads aren't working......

Only 2 work, as I said before.

I hope the versions I posted helped.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 16:22:13   Edited by: Enkil

no it has nothing to do with Quick time Pro

uninstall the version u have

and install Quicktime v6.1 (i have the same, just downloaded today)

i dunno what Windows it supports, i have Win98se, also, i think it should be fine

heres the link: http://www.hellasystems.de/ftp/Software/QuickTime/QuickTime%206.1/Quic kTimeInstaller.zip

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 16:24:21

Thanks, Enkil.

I have Windows XP, so I think it should work. I'll try the one you posted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thx.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 16:44:55

unzip all the files in a folder and open .exe as usuall, ull need Winzip to open .zip

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 17:32:03

Enkil,

There also seems to be a problem when I tried going to the web site you posted.

The same scenario occured, as when I tried to download the clips. I can't get to the web site for some odd reason.

I hate this!!!! Any other suggestions? Don't worry too much about it, though. I'll keep trying and let you know.

Trav.

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 17:35:31

what happens when u try to download from the site?

i think its ure browser

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 17:54:42   Edited by: Smoke

The problem is that I can't get to the site. It just comes up blank. Maybe you're right, it could be my browser, but still, I find it strange that I'm able to watch 2 of those clips without problems, while the others are just blank. I tried downloading from my other computer, which has Quick Time, but the same thing happened. To tell you the truth, this is the first time this happened, and I think it's because I use Real One format all the time to watch all my video clips. The clips from 2003 are all on my Real One Player program and I play them no problem.

Enkil, I really appreciate all the help that you're offering for me, but I can't understand what's going on. I wish I could see those finales! Especially Caballer! At least I can see 2 of them!

hmmm.....perhaps we should call this topic "Solving Smoke's Problem!"""

Trav.

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 18:00:09

do u have another browser installed on ure computer?

or a download manager?

could u tell me how much bytes ure espagne190604.mov file is, i will compare it with mine

u can check it on Properties

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 20:10:09

Trav.

I am really sorry you are having problems viewing some of the videos.
I know that when I just click on the link, a window opens up and nothing happens.....I get the message "done", but still no clip.

But when I right click on the link, I choose "save target as", then I save, then I open (this works).....but maybe this is what you are already doing. If not, try it.....it might work! I wish I could transfer .mov files into .wmv files.....then, I would send them to you.

Good luck

Pierre

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 20:41:00

Pierre,

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that's all I had to do, then why did Enkil and I do all that?!?

What you said was exactly happening to me, the window popping up and saying "Done," but still nothing! Don't worry, I haven't tried that, that's why it didn't work!

The fact is that everything is ok, so there's no need to appologize. I'm very happy that you gave all of us the chance to see the finales! I should be thanking you, instead of complaining!

Don't worry about the thing, I just tested it to see if it works, and IT WORKS! You solved my problem and I give you my gratitude.

Enkil, all that for just a simple little thing! OMG! I should be also thanking you for trying to help! Thx. If I knew it was that simple, then I wouldn't have made ourselves go through all that trouble! I appreciate your help, though. Just of curiosity, but did you have to download this way, Enkil?

Once again, thx, Pierre. I can't believe that's all I had to do!!!!

Best regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 7, 2004 21:55:18

YESSSSSSSS, smoke! LOL what were u thinking, why didnt think of saving it in ure computer? lol

anyways, now that everything is ok, i have to say, Caballer's ending is undescriable, its simply too amazing, i will never forget that ending, it was just amazing AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i also realized how strong China's ending is, its really good!

one thing i noticed, "Salutes lover" u were standing in the middle of the bridge, to tell u the truth i hate that place, its not a correct view

i would recommand u to stand near the "whole steal stucture" from the Montreal side, not in the steal stucture, just near ill show it to u on a map (if ure interested)

thats the only problem when we stand on bridge, the place i told is good enough but u have to come earlier, althro im no longer going on the bridge

i hope someone can upload Italy's final, and maybe a whole display (now im going to far lol)

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 06:11:36   Edited by: Salutes lover

Hey Trav

You are welcome my friend. I am glad I could be of help and that you finally viewed the clips. These clips are the first that I have taken with my new camera, so I don't have much experience. I realised that I move too much, or that the subject is not centered at times....probably due to the fact that I sometimes get too excited and also because I am not looking into the camera while filming....just aiming at the display with my arms stretched as far as I can, in front and above my head! Oh well, there's always next year, in more than 10 months.....what a long way to go!!!

Take care Trav!

Pierre

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 06:29:15   Edited by: Salutes lover

Hi Enkil,

I agree with you about Caballer's finale...it was incredible! China's finale was powerful and gave me goose bumps....but too short though...but then again, aren't finales always too short? They would last for 10 minutes and I'd still be complaining....LOL
What can I do, this guy just LOVESSSSSSS finales!

Enkil, you are right about the place where I stand on the bridge. Now, I realise it, viewing Panzera's finale from the Mondial SAQ link! The rockets that were shot at the very end of the finale, close to the ground, were very nice. On the Mondial SAQ, I could see them aligned in a straight line. On my clip, all I could see was the first one, hiding all the others, because I had no angle.

I think I know where you mean I should stand on the bridge. Do you mean that if I come from the Montreal side, I should stop just before the start of the steel structure? Yes, I agree that the angle would be much better!

.....and about Italy's finale, I am also with you 100%. We'd love to see a clip of it......and if not too much to ask, the whole display which apparently, was a 30 minute finale in itself!!! Why did I miss it that night ?!?

....I think I will never get over it

Thanks for your advice Enkil

Pierre

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 07:00:20   Edited by: Smoke

Pierre and Enkil,

To tell you guys the truth, Caballer really did something that I can't even begin to imagine in the ending. I really and honestly watched that clip over and over again, at least 5 times. From what I saw, it seemed like that finale was like the other ones combined! This was one of the most longest finales I've ever seen in my life. If you guys noticed at the end of the clip, you'll see that the ending was about 3:08, or even more because of the earlier parts. Just when you think it's over, it just keeps going. The entire display, as I recall was like a series of mini-like finales themselves! BY FAR, the most "exciting show!" I can't imagine how much money was spent on materials! Can you guys imagine if the competition was based on the firm that was the most exciting? Then we would have every show being like or almost like Caballer! It's hard to believe that not everything was fired, either! The question we must ask ourselves is how big was the setup and what was the amount of labour put into such a magnificent show? Paul said it was going to be huge, and yes, it definitely was something for all of us to remember!

Anyways, don't worry, Pierre, I've also always been a finale freak, and I'm positive that everyone else here is!

And yes, I guess I should've saved the files to the computer, Enkil! I should've done that in the first place!!!!All my fault!

And Pierre, from what Enkil has shown me of where he stood for the fireworks on the bridge on several photos, it looks really good! Try it next year! And don't worry about the way you filmed the finales, I mean moving and so forth, at least you made the effort and that's what counts!

As for Italy's finale, I'm hoping that someone has it, but like Enkil, I'm asking for too much! It would be great to have! I can imagine how you feel, Pierre! At least I saw it live! It was another awesome show! I was actually rooting for them to win the Platinum Jupiter, this year, along with Holland! Either would've been fine.

I'll have more comments on the finales later because I'm heading to Ontario this morning, so I'll read your posts whan I get back!

Thanks everyone! Everytime I watch those finales, it makes me feel like I'm back on De Lorimier and Notre-Dame watching the real thing! I could watch these for the next 10 months! It will keep the fireworks spirit alive! Thx.

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 17:35:25

I really have to thank you all for making these available on the internet! Spain, China and Laronde's closing finales are my favorites to watch.

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 17:47:31

u know, i strongly hope that we get to see another Caballer type of show, i still cant imagine how big it was

Spain really knows how to amaze the public

i really hope Caballer comes back next year

as for the cost of this material, i think its becuz Caballer is an independant company, maybe thats why they were able to get this material cheaper, i might wrong, so correct me if im wrong

althro if im wrong, how come other firms didnt present us a such huge final? or maybe they didnt want too

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 18:44:05   Edited by: Salutes lover

Hi Trav!

Yes, you are right, Caballer's finale was at least 3:08 minutes long. I distinctly remember on that evening, that there was that first portion of the finale and then, a moment of darkness when everyone was starting to leave, thinking the display was over....but I knew it wasn't over because the ferris wheel did not light up. This is probably when they had problems with some rockets, right? Anyway, the finale was truly exciting, my favorite this year but closely followed by China's finale which I found very intense, but way too short! Since I did not see Italy's finale (GRRRRR.....) can you tell me Trav, if Italy's finale was better than Caballer's? Which one had more salutes?

Yep....most of us are finale freaks in here, so we understand each other. I think that being part of this forum and sharing these thoughts with all of you, will help me go through those long, long months of waiting before the 2005 season of fireworks starts.

I just can't wait for next June, not only to go stand on the bridge and view the firework competition again, but also to share my thoughts with you

Hoping you had a great trip to Ontario

Pierre

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 18:53:34

Hey Badnitrus,

We all seem to agree on which finales were the best. Did you see the one by Italy?

Pierre

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 18:56:02

Hi Enkil,

I also hope that Caballer will come back next year. I also wish and pray that Italy will also participate and be represented by IPON!

I will NOT miss it that time, trust me!

Pierre

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 19:03:18

Italy's ending was not as long as Spains

althro i can assure u it very strong and lasting (dunno many sec), a typical Italian ending, but the show through was amazing too!

Posted: Aug 8, 2004 21:31:35   Edited by: Smoke

Hello, everyone!

I just got back from my lonnnnnnnnnnnnng trip and I see a lot of posts went up since this morning, when I left! I read them all and 100% agree with everyone's thoughts.

First off, Pierre, I ended up going to Quebec City, instead of Gananoque, Ontario, for a trip, but I saw amazing views, which I find were breathtaking and plus, in the city itself, I saw a mini 10 minute fireworks display! It was truly great to see a fireworks display again! It was for a small play they were presenting and I happened to be there at the time!

As for Italy's ending vs. Caballer's, like Enkil said, Spain's was much longer and slightly more intense! Not to say Italy's finale was bad! It was the second best, in my opinion. IPON was also very lasting and extremely intense, so sometimes, in fact, it's hard to tell the difference! They had a lot of build up and ended off with a bang! I can tell you, Pierre, that was another ending that was really something else. No joke. It was long and crazy, plus the entire show was full of surprises! I'm still surprised that they didn't get into the finalists, not in terms of only the finale, of course, but the show, in general. It was very well done and well choreographed.

Italy's ending was strong and I also don't know how many seconds it was, but I'm pretty sure it was over 2 and 1/4 minutes! It was very similar to Panzera's finale, but maybe a little more intense and longer, just to give you an idea!

I also agree with badnitrus about China's ending, despite the lack of longevity. It seemed more intense on the bridge than where we were, in my view. Too bad they didn't keep going like that for another minute or 2!

And yes, like Enkil and you say, I hope Caballer comes back with something like that again, or even better!

As a final note, I'm happy to hear all your thoughts about the finales! I highly suggest that we keep talking about this particular topic, sice finales are VERY popular to discuss and since everyone comments on them all the time. You know, finales are the most exciting thing about every display and it's the anticipation before it comes! Like Pierre said earlier, you get those butterflies in your stomach! I know the finales aren't an important part of a display and are definitely not ranked on which team should win, however, it gives that impression to the public, and whether or not the finale was good, this segment leaves everyone with that feeling of either disappointment or excitment. I know that finales are what everyone looks foward to the most in any display! I know this from many years of experience, not because I'm a finale fanatic! A very important role of a finale is that after a great display, people eagerly wait for what's yet to come and plus, it gives the climax of the display and gives the overall appreciation to the public. High expectations are what everyone waits for in a great finale! A finale is meant to excite you!

Of course, once again, these comments about finales are not to be judged on who should win because if this was the case, then wouldn't every finale be intense?

Anyways, regardless of that, i'm pleased to hear all your comments on the finales.

BTW, Pierre, was that you screaming at the end of the Caballer finale and the Panzera one? Not that I care, just curious.

And here's hoping to someone who actually got Italy's finale! That would also be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Trav.

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 02:13:20   Edited by: Snokkie

Wow Pierre, thanks alot for providing us with these clips. Some are really great, with Caballer on top.

If you are a real finale lover i would like to recommend some movies from this years Fallas in Valencia, Spain. Like Enkil said "Spain really knows how to amaze the public".

http://www.freakpyromaniacs.com/movies/categorie.php?cat=6 This link takes you straight to Fallas 2004 section in our Moviepage. Have a look @ all the evening shows (Turis, V. Caballer, A. Caballer) but especially the Nit de Foc (Night of Fire) show is amazing. This years Nit de Foc was shot by Ricase but next year it will be Vincente Caballer who will shoot this supreme firework.
Other movies on the page show the Mascleta's (a must for the salute lovers among us) and some freaks testing the Spanish goodies.

Unfortunately we don't have separate finale clips so youll have to download the entire show, but believe me, that's not a big punishment

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 18:15:59

Well, I have to admit the "Nit de Foc" show is quite impressive... especially the ending. Seemed even bigger than IPON which is breathtaking. Would have loved to be there!

Posted: Aug 9, 2004 18:44:24

Hi Enkil,

When you say a "typical Italian ending", do you mean loaded with salutes too?

Thanks

Pierre
. 1 . 2 . 3 . >>

Page loading time (sec.): 0.024